Treating gout at home is one of the ways that many patients seek not only because of its effectiveness but also convenience and ease of application. So there are ways to reduce pain caused by gout, let’s find out how to treat gout on foot in this article!
Gout is characterized by high levels of uric acid in the blood and the occurrence of acute gout attacks that cause swelling, heat, redness, and pain in the joints. Therefore, treatment should reduce pain and reduce uric acid levels in the blood. Western medicine often uses anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and increased elimination drugs to treat gout such as allopurinol, colchicine… These drugs are very effective. However, if used for a long time, it can cause side effects such as stomach pain, diarrhea, and abdominal pain. Therefore, there is a trend to apply non-drug gout treatments or apply remedies. Gout at home is popular.
The advantage of treating gout at home is that you can use available herbs and fruits to reduce uric acid levels in the blood as well as reduce pain and inflammation from acute gout attacks. Besides, this method is easy to implement, simple but still effective, especially can be used for a long time without worrying about side effects.
On the contrary, when treating gout at home, it takes the patient’s patience, it takes a while to feel it. Therefore, in case the patient has an acute gout attack, they should proactively visit the doctor to have the best treatment.
Cure gout at home with green beans
Green beans contain a lot of fiber, which can slow down the absorption of protein – the main cause of purine formation that increases uric acid. At the same time, green beans have cool properties, help clear heat, detoxify, and enhance uric acid excretion in the kidneys. Therefore, you can apply remedies from green beans.
How to do:
- Prepare 150g green beans soaked in water until soft, then rinse
- Boil green beans with water until smooth, then turn off the heat
- No seasoning, eat while still warm
- Eat twice a day, morning and evening
- Should apply for about 20-30 days to see the effect
Perilla leaves effectively treat gout
Perilla leaves are considered “effective assistants” for people with gout. Perilla leaves are not only rich in anti-inflammatory and antioxidant substances, but also have the effect of reducing pain, inhibiting bacteria, and preventing bacterial infections. Research shows that perilla leaves contain many essential oils such as limonene, dihydrocumin, and Cl-pinene, which help inhibit the activity of the enzyme Xanthine oxidase – the cause of uric acid formation in the blood.
You can apply the ways to treat gout from perilla as follows:
- Sac drink perilla leaves daily to increase the elimination of toxic substances through the urine
- Crush perilla and apply it to the pain of gout, then wash it with warm water
- Soak your feet in hot perilla leaf water every night before going to bed
- You can eat perilla leaves directly or use perilla powder to drink every day
Cure gout with simple and effective ginger
Ginger has long been known to help improve symptoms of digestive disorders such as abdominal pain, and nausea, and help relieve pain caused by osteoarthritis, including gout. In ginger, there are two effective anti-inflammatory substances, gingerols and shogaols, which inhibit the urate salts in the blood and relieve pain caused by acute gout attacks.
You can relieve gout pain with ginger as follows:
- Use 1-2 slices of ginger to add to hot tea to relieve pain, you can mix ginger honey water to drink during the day
- Soak your feet in warm ginger water mixed with dilute salt, once a day before going to bed to limit pain at night
- Crush ginger mixed with a little salt then wraps it in a cloth to apply to the inflamed joint. Do not use on open wounds
- Use ginger in every daily meal to improve gradually
Note, ginger is warm, so when you eat it, you should eat it in moderation.
Relieve gout pain at home with cassava leaves
In Oriental medicine, the leaves are bitter, and cool, have the effect of clearing heat, and detoxifying the body, and contain many beneficial antibiotic compounds. You can apply some simple ways to use leaves with gout that are passed on by many people.
How to do:
- Prepare 3-5 fresh or dried mani leaves, wash and then add 2 liters of water
- Boil water for about 15 minutes, then turn off the heat
- Drink filtered water every day
- In addition, you can brew tea every day instead of drinking it
Persevere for 1-2 months to feel the effect
Treat Gout with guise leaves
Betel leaves in addition to antibacterial, pain-relieving, and anti-inflammatory effects, prevent inflammation due to gout. This is also an effective medicine for people with joint pain with the advantages of being easy to implement, easy to find, and safe, and benign.
How to cure gout simply by guise leaves:
Take a bunch of bay leaves and rhizomes, wash them and boil them in hot water for about 10 minutes, then let them cool down to 50 degrees, then soak your feet to treat gout. It is recommended to soak for 15-20 minutes before sleeping.
Take a handful of washed and decoction guise leaves and drink tea every day. Drink while still warm.
You can pound the leaves with a little salt and then heat the mixture to apply heat to the inflamed joints
Most of these methods can be applied to people with gout in particular and bone and joint diseases such as osteoarthritis and polyarthritis in general.
Using celery to treat gout at home is simple and effective
Celery is alkaline, this compound helps to neutralize the acid in the blood and reduce uric acid levels, thereby reducing the symptoms caused by gout. According to research, luteolin from celery seeds can reduce the production of nitric oxide from uric acid while inhibiting xanthine oxidase – an enzyme that contributes to the production of purines to produce uric acid.
You can use celery or celery seeds to relieve gout attacks by:
- Take about 150g of celery, washed and cut it into pieces
- Squeeze celery to get water can add a little honey or malt sugar for easy drinking
- Drink once a day in the morning
- Or use celery in daily meals. Note that you should not stir-fry celery with foods rich in purines.
Cure gout with betel leaves without coconut water
Betel nut has no anti-inflammatory effect, has the ability to restore the damage in joints and improve metabolic disorders in the body and eliminate toxic substances well. When combined with coconut water – acts as a solubilizer for the active ingredients in betel leaves to “secrete” quickly, this is an effective gout treatment. You can apply it in the following way:
- Take 100g of chopped fresh betel leaves and then soak them in a peeled coconut
- Close the lid of the coconut and incubate for 30 minutes, then take it out and drink it all
- Should be taken before breakfast about 30 minutes for the active ingredients to be absorbed into the body
- Do it continuously for 1 week to see the effect
Gout remedy from sake leaves
The sake tree often collects its fruit, but few people know that sake leaves are also effective in treating gout. According to traditional medicine, sake leaves help diuretic, enhance uric acid excretion, and support to reduce of symptoms of gout. In addition, sake leaves are anti-inflammatory and effective pain relievers. You can use sake leaves to treat gout in the following ways:
- Choose 2 old, yellowed sake leaves, wash them, and cut them into pieces
- Boil sake leaves with about 1 liter of water until boiling for another 10 minutes, then turn off the heat
- Drink sake leaf water while it is still warm instead of filtered water every day
- Drink it all in one day
- Apply from 15-20 days to feel the effect
Lemon juice relieves gout pain
According to research, lemon juice or lemon extract has the ability to reduce uric acid levels in the blood. People with high blood uric acid levels who drank lemon water every day for 6 weeks had an improvement. The effect of reducing uric acid is that lemon juice is alkaline, stimulating the body to release more calcium carbonate, which binds to uric acid and breaks down into the water and other compounds. This reduces acidity and uric acid in the blood.
You can drink about 30ml of lemon juice per day – equivalent to about 1-2 lemons.
However, it is advisable to dilute lemon juice to drink to avoid stomach ulcers.
Relieve gout pain by maintaining the habit of drinking water
Drinking water is an essential activity for the body and has a great effect on the digestive system, and excretory as well as reducing the pain caused by gout. The reason is that drinking enough water helps the kidneys excrete uric acid well, and at the same time dilutes uric acid content. Although not an instant pain reliever, it is one of the effective ways to prevent gout pain.
You should maintain regular water intake and reduce the number of soft drinks, carbonated water, and alcohol in your diet.
The treatment of gout at home can bring certain effects, but in addition to applying remedies, increasing water intake, or changing lifestyle, gout patients need to adjust their diet appropriately to reduce the symptoms. gout pain.
Specifically, people with gout should:
- Limit eating foods rich in purines such as red meat, seafood, animal organs
- Abstain from fried foods and processed foods
- Absolutely do not use alcohol and stimulants
- Increase the intake of green vegetables and fruits rich in vitamin C
- Drink enough water every day
- Exercise regularly to protect health in general and support the prevention and treatment of gout in particular
- Set aside at least 30 minutes a day to be active
- Change bad habits such as staying up late, holding urine, and controlling stress and fatigue
Top News hopes this article provides you with helpful treatment so that you can cure gout effectively!
Maybe you are interested: